Tectonic has provided, and is currently providing, surveying services at Stewart International Airport to the Port Authority of NY & NJ, as part of a capital improvement plan to expand the airport.
Tectonic performed multiple surveying tasks including:
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey for the acquisition of the property.
- Mapping of lead-in lines, airside utilities and the existing weather information power line in the area of the main taxiways, utilizing a combination of GPS (Real-Time Kinematic) and a Robotic total station to increase efficiency.
- Performing topographic surveys for portions of the existing parking areas and additional areas to be developed into new parking lots.
- Performing terminal gate mark outs, layouts of new containment lines for aircrafts and gates, and boring location surveys for the redesign of the airport runways.
- Staking out lease lines and runway safety zones in the area of construction.
- Scanning existing paper copies of utility plates to create a geocoded digital database of all utility information.
- Performing as-built surveys of various sewer manholes throughout the airport airside and landside for inclusion in the airports digital database.
Tectonic continues to provide support as the airport grows. All work performed met strict Port Authority mapping standards and used the coordinate system and datum established by Tectonic, making inclusion in the airports digital database a seamless exercise.