Tectonic was awarded a multi-year Term Agreement to provide construction inspection and geotechnical services for various State Facilities. Since 1996, Tectonic has been providing inspection for soils, concrete, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel materials; preparing inspection reports and performing on-site investigations.
Several assignments also called for technical inspection and administration of pile driving, caisson and earth anchor inspection, in-situ testing of footing subgrades; inspection of steel, fabrication, and erection as per design specifications; and pre-construction services involving surveying and assessing the existing condition of the adjoining buildings.
Projects ranged from the construction of new buildings or additions to rehabilitation of State facilities.
One of the major projects assigned included the $380 million Bronx Criminal Court House.
Projects also completed include:
• Bellevue Hospital
• Bernard Fineson Housing
• Bronx Criminal Court House
• Bryant Avenue Utilities
• Chenango County 911 Emergency Response Towers
• Children’s Center and Central Services Building
• Fashion Institute of Technology
• Helen Hayes Nursing Home
• Jacobi Medical Center
• Queens Children’s Psychiatric Center
• SUNY Stony Brook 600-unit Roosevelt/Kelly Quad Dorms
• Veterans Administration Senior Care Facility, Montrose, NY
• York College Performing Arts Center