Tectonic provided engineering design services for multiple projects varying in scope under a two-year contract.
Tectonic developed schematic diagrams identifying key characteristics and project scale based on the data collected from our initial survey of existing conditions. Design development of contract documents followed which were composed of detailed drawings, specifications and cost estimates. The firm coordinated with outside agencies for permits and resolved any outstanding design issues which were later incorporated into the final design documents. Tectonic conducted reviews and analyses of bids: assisted Battery Park City with interpreting plans and specifications, preparing and issuing addenda and other supplementary information, attending meetings as requested and evaluating bids. During the construction phase, Tectonic provided construction oversight, attended meetings, reviewed and approved shop drawings and material samples.
Design services have been completed for the following projects within the Battery Park City limits:
- Rector Street Bridge Staircase Modifications + Elevator
- Video Surveillance at Pedestrian Walk Bridge at Rector Street and West Side Highway
- Tribeca Bridge Lighting Upgrade
- Cleaning and Painting of the Tribeca Bridge
- Reconstruction of Albany Street Cul-de-Sac
- RPZ Installations at: Baseball Field, Chamber Street, Kowsky Plaza, North End Avenue, NYMEX Room, Rockefeller Park House, Tear Drop House, Tribeca Bridge, Wagner Park.
- North Residential Neighborhood Street Mill and Fill
- Second Place Milling
- Resurfacing Chambers Street
- Demolition of Site 2B