Under the firm’s Construction Management agreement with DASNY, Tectonic is providing Code Compliance services in accordance with NYC Construction Codes and NYCRR 1204.8 Uniform Code for the complex and large-scale construction of the majestic Train Hall at Moynihan Station under the supervision of its on-site Project Manager.
Scope of work includes the foundation, framing, superstructure, electrical system, plumbing system, heating/ventilation and air conditioning system, fire protection and detection system and exit features.
Tectonic oversees key functions including:
- Inspection of on-going construction for conformance with the applicable Building Code including rated wall construction, firestopping of penetrations, fire and smoke damper installations and related work.
- Review progress of work including deep foundation installation, concrete, structural steel, mechanical, electrical and plumbing work
- Monitor performance and reporting of special inspections.
- Participate in the final acceptance testing and inspections of Fire Alarm, Fire Protection and Smoke Control systems with DASNY Senior Code Manager.
- Prepare reports relating to assigned activities and review reports prepared by consultants, contractors and inspection agencies.
- Monitor the progress of work and keep DASNY’s Senior Code Manager informed regarding inspection activities to assure adequate coverage.
The Moynihan Train Hall (MTH) is located in the James A. Farley Post Office Building which is under redevelopment by the MTA/LIRR as a world-class 21st century transportation hub to be utilized by Amtrak, LIRR and Metro-North Rail Road, complete with retail and office spaces. The MTH provides relief for Penn Station across 8th Avenue by creating 50% more concourse space and new access form the Farley Building to the existing train plaflorms beneath the building.