Tectonic provided administration, inspection and progress of construction work, as well as the maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT) for the reconstruction of Andrews Avenue Bridge over the Long Island Rail Road Montauk and Bushwick Lines in the Borough of Queens.
Under this contract, Tectonic performed the following services:
• Demolition and removal of existing railings, bridge deck, curbs, superstructure framing, bridge columns to 300 mm below the ballast line, concrete abutments and wing walls, pavements, and retaining wall.
• Inspections for the construction of new pre-cast modular abutment stems, wing walls and concrete crib type retaining walls on both approaches.
• Installation of new elastomeric bearings at abutments.
• Construction of new bridge superstructure and concrete filled grating deck slab.
• Installation of pedestrian fencing on the bridge and both approaches.
• Construction of concrete parapet, sidewalk and approach pavement with roadway markings.
• Construction of new drainage and catch basins, and installation of new lampposts and underground feeder.
• Designating locations requiring protective sealing of structural concrete for existing bridge decks.