Tectonic worked with Burns & McDonnell to provide surveying services on Jersey Central Power & Light’s 230-KV transmission line route that runs approximately 10 miles long, beginning at the NJ Transit Red Bank Substation and ending at the NJ Transit Aberdeen Substation. Tectonic performed a survey for the entire width of the NJ Transit Authority right-of-way. Additional services included:
- Researching the public right-of-way along the transmission line route and incorporated proposed changes due to on-going local construction projects.
- Surveying and planimetric mapping services
- Location of all features within the Transit Authority’s right-of-ways
- Layout of new power poles and the location of utilities and other potential interferences near the proposed power lines
- Control for aerial mapping and ground truthing for aerial LiDAR
Tectonic’s survey crew performed these services along this active commuter rail line and adhered to all train schedules while working near the tracks under the direction of railroad safety personnel.