Tectonic has been working with Iona College since 2001 providing engineering, environmental, and construction phase services on a variety of new-build and rehabilitation projects as part of Iona’s comprehensive strategic plan. Tectonic has provided geotechnical engineering (in addition to other services) on the following projects:
- North Avenue Residence Hall – new 7-story, 310-bed residence hall with 7,000 square feet of commercial space for retail and restaurants on the ground floor.
- Hagan Hall – addition of a new structure to existing Hagan School of Business building to triple the space available for students and faculty.
- Hynes Athletic Center – 2 expansions/reconfigurations of the existing 2-story, 26,000 square foot athletic center to support more athletic teams and create indoor rowing tools for the crew team.
- East Hall – new 3-story, 112-bed residence hall. This brick and steel frame modular residence hall was the first prefabricated building Tectonic had completed work on.
- Ryan Library – building foundation support, steel erection of a new atrium entrance, renovations, and addition to the rear of the facility.
- LaPenta Student Union – new 3-story building home to a bookstore, food court, media center, and various offices.
- Conese Hall – new 6-story residence hall. Tectonic provided vibration monitoring services during rock excavation and pile driving activities.
- South Hall – new 6-story residence hall.
- Improvements on various parking lots and the Mazzella field.
Geotechnical Services included the performance of subsurface investigations, laboratory soil testings, engineering analyses, and preparation of reports. Due to the highly variable subsurface conditions at the sites, including and underground river, and deep/shallow foundations, Tectonic designed an extensive waterproofing and dewatering system for the building structures.