Tectonic provided Construction Management and Inspection services to the MTA Bus Company as part of a five-year on-call contract. Services were provided during the preconstruction, construction and close-out phases and included construction of new – and upgrades to – Bus Depots.
Scope of each project varied, including new annexes, roof replacements, asbestos abatement, ventilation systems, emergency generators, parking lots, bus washers and compressors replacement, and relocation of tank farms.
Key projects included:
- College Point: 128-15 28th Avenue, Flushing, NY 11354
- Yonkers: 59 Babcock Place, Yonkers, NY 10703
- Eastchester: Exit 13 I-95 (Conner St.) Eastchester, NY 10475
- La Guardia: 85-01 24th Avenue, Jackson Heights, NY 11369
- JFK: 165-25 147th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11434
- Baisley Park: 115-15 Guy Brewer Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434
- Spring Creek: 12755 Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11208
- Far Rockaway: 49-19 Rockaway Beach Boulevard, Far Rockaway, NY 11691
Projects were performed with focus on site safety, schedule and budget, adequacy of the project staff, critical and technical components of the construction work, compliance with project requirements, timely resolution of private utility issues, community outreach, accuracy and completeness of project work, documentation and deliverables.