PROGRAM & CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Tectonic’s Program and Construction Management staff takes full ownership of a project, partnering with project owners and contractors alike to ensure successful execution and in depth management of a project's scope, schedule, budget, safety, and quality. Tectonic understands the daily demands associated with planning, administering, overseeing, and coordinating work as well as developing construction schedules and estimates; soliciting bids and proposals; and supervising contractors and sub-consultants / sub-contractors on complex projects in both horizontal and vertical construction markets. Tectonic's team is comprised of dedicated engineering and construction professionals, committed to excellence in project and program management for traditional design-bid-build projects as well as alternative delivery methods (including design-build, DBOM, and others), utilizing industry best-practices to reduce change orders, improve project schedules, and reduce project costs. Tectonic accomplishes this through project planning in the earliest stages of a project, implementing effective risk management, employing diligent cost and time management tools, providing world-class quality assurance / control, focusing on day-to-day contract administration, and putting safety first above all else.
Tectonic has also worked with public organizations and Fortune 500 companies alike for large-scale deployments of multiple engineering and construction projects. Its Program Management team is able to work with various engineering disciplines in scaling up project management services for endeavors such as large-scale disaster recovery rebuilding or national buildouts.
Program & Construction Management Services include:
Tectonic brings added value to a project through its constructability review process. Our team of seasoned construction professionals begin this process during the design phase to ensure the project plans are both biddable and buildable as the design progresses from concept right through to issuance of the documents for bid. Plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E) are independently reviewed for technical feasibility, coordination, cost and to identify whether there are alternative materials or methods of construction that can enhance the value of the finished product.
Tectonic's construction management program covers the essential tasks needed to complete projects successfully, including:
- Constructability review, schedule review, shop drawings review, document control, coordination of submittal process
- Construction inspection
- Monitoring of progress and costs
- Verification of conformance to contract specifications and drawings
- Coordination of progress payments
- Monitoring of quality assurance
- Monitoring of safety compliance
- Site surveys and evaluations
- Preparation of materials and representation at periodic project meetings
- Preparation of construction sketches and/or scopes of work to support field work and contract modifications
- Provide expert opinions on special cases
- Assist in change order review and negotiations
- Assist in claims evaluation and preparation of counter claims, assist in schedule review and approval
- Special inspections
- Independent third party materials testing
Projects range from vertical construction including educational facilities, residential communities, luxury condominiums, cultural centers and theaters, hospitals and commercial complexes to horizontal infrastructure and transportation facilities.